Saturday 1 June 2013

Once Upon a Time...

Over the course of these past few years I've become conscious of a deep love for mythology and folklore, and fairy tales are no exception.

For some time now the fairytale that I've reflected upon has been Snow White. Doubtless it is one of the most prominent of the fairy tales told today and has been adapted and re-interpreted countless times over the course of a century. However, I can't help but feel that these versions, at least the ones I've seen and am aware of, have not fully explored Snow White and in particular the darker aspects of the tale that, in my eyes, make in what it is.

For my Research project* I propose a study that will focus on the fairytale lore of Snow White. I will also be looking at the medium of Stop-motion animation with a particular focus on puppetry and models.

*the Research Project is one of two major projects for the illustration course I am studying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment