Thursday 27 February 2014

Looking a Theatre Sets

So I've started to look a set designs and there have been quite a few relating to fairytales and in particular Snow White. I immediately came across the set designs for the pantomimes by QDOS which were designed by Ian Westbrook. I'm a little nervous about posting any of their images on my blog but you can find images on the QDOS site here and on Ian Westbrook's site here.

Picture of cast members taken from Birmingham Post


Another production of Snow White by 'First Family Entertainment' featured set designs by Terry Parsons. Again images can be seen here. There's a trailer which shows apparently shows Warwick Davis was in it. I already knew he featured in a Snow White theatre production at some point, so now I know which one.



I must say there's a lot to take away from looking at the production of these pantomimes but funnily enough, aside from the beautiful costume and set designs, the thing that strikes me the most is how much they remind me of my experiences working with GAOS. Honestly, even though they're much, much bigger productions (ie: they're of a proffessional standard) the vibe I get from it is uncanny...

No comments:

Post a Comment