Thursday 24 April 2014

Clotho, the First Spinner

I didn't have a camera during the first parts of the making of Clotho. It's basically a plasic garden stick with a sculpey upper body. I didn't have that clearly defined an idea of what I wanted like the other designs so it was very much made up as it went along. I wanted something vaguely sinister so she would fit in a little more with the other two which are quite grotesque. I do actually wish I had a camera before since I found the plain unpainted white was far more unsettling than the painted version. It's something to with how the depth appears a little distorted and affects the stare.


Begining to sculpt the second spinner. Decided to jump back to clotho and finish her.


h2_27.45.jpg
Inspiration for a more ancent Greek look for the first spinner turned up this.  Images of youths aren't as common so this carved relief on the tombstone of a young girl (c450–440 B.C) is perfect. Image and interesting information Courtesy of the Met Museum.

derp


I'm actually quite tempted to leave her bald. Like a newborn baby which would fit since she represents the begining and the handing out of the thread...


She stilllikes to chase after feet...

Starting to add the sheep whool.



I have a ton of pins. Seemed like a fitting touch though, they're unfortunately not the most visible...

Now with some yarn wrapped around we're all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment